CONFERENCE OF THE ASSOCIATION OF AKHAL-TEKE HORSE BREEDING (Russia)
Place: All Russian Scientific Institute of Horse Breeding
Date: January 15-16, 2002
1. Opening of the conference;
2. Report on the work of AATK in 2001;
3. Accepting/excluding members;
4. Financial report;
5. Changes to the constitution of AATK;
6. Electing the President and Board of AATK;
7. Organisation of the International Meetings;
8. Regulations for Exhibitions and Shows'
9. Testing the race workability of Akhal-Teke horses (race tests);
10. Reports from AATK members;
11. Report on the work with the breed during last 30 years;
12. Non-traditional methods of reproduction (AI etc.);
14. Closing of the conference.
The conference was attended by 45 persons, including 25 voting members of
AATK, some also voted by proxy. Total - 31 voices were presented at the
conference out of 35 members' voices in AATK. A quorum was reached.
1. Opening of the conference. Proposed: Director of VNIIK, Vladimir V. Kalashnikov, read a telegram of
greeting to the participants of the Conference from the President of the State Duma
of the Russian Federation - Gennadiy N. Seleznev. President of AATK, Tatiana Ryabova,
offers to open the conference. Resolved: open the conference.
2. Report on the work of AATK during the past year.Proposed: Tatiana Ryabova talked about the work of AATK during the past
year, Vladimir V. Kalashnikov talked about participation of VNIIK in the
development of the Akhal-Teke breed. Resolved: approve the report on the work of AATK during the past year.
3. Accepting/excluding members of AATK. A) Proposed: Tatiana Ryabova read the list of candidates who applied for
membership of AATK and paid an admittance fee: stud farm "Velles," farm of E.A. Djabrailov,
farm of M.M. Guseinov; private owners N. Tarasova, private owner A. Abdulaev, private owner A. Hunt. Resolved: accept all the named organizations and persons into AATK members. B) Proposed: Tatiana Ryabova read the list of members to be excluded from AATK
for not connecting with AATK during some years: Mashtakov, Kretov, San'kov. Resolved: exclude the named persons from AATK members.
4. Financial report on AATK activities. Proposed: report of Nadezhda Abramova - AATK treasure - on the financial
situation of AATK during the past year. Resolved: approve the financial report on AATK activities
5. Changes to be made to the Constitution of AATK: Proposed: T. Ryabova, A. Klimuk, I. Idrisov and E. Gendehadze, lawyer for AATK Those who took part in the debates: L. Babaev, I. Idrisov, V. Kalashnikov Resolved: delegate the seven-member workgroup to write changes in the Chapter
to bring it into accord with contemporarily legislation of the Russian Federation.
The Conference elected the followed members for the workgroup: V. Kalashnikov, T. Ryabova,
D. Suhachev, I. Idrisov, A. Klimuk, A. Osmanov, L. Babaev.
6. Electing the President and Board members of AATK.
A) Proposed: V. Kalashnikov proposed Mr. Gennadiy Seleznev, President of
the State Duma of the Russian Federation, to the position of Honorable President of AATK. Resolved: the Conference elected Mr. Gennadiy Seleznev as the Honorable President of AATK
B) Proposed: V. Kalashnikov proposed Tatiana Ryabova, Ph.D., chief-registrar of the
Government Studbook of Pureblood Akhal-Teke horses, and researcher of VNIIK, to the position of President of AATK. Resolved: the Conference elected Tatiana Ryabova as the President of AATK
C) Proposed: N. Abramova talked about electing the new Board of AATK. Those who took part in the debates: I. Idrisov, A. Klimuk, T. Ryabova, G. Zernova Resolved: The Conference voted for keeping the existing board until the new
Constitution of AATK is written and approved.
7. Organization of International Meetings. Proposed: T. Ryabova talked about the history of the organization of International
Meetings in Piatigorsk and Moscow. A. Klimuk talked about dates of the International Meetings
in 2002. N. Abramova talked about electing committees for the organization of International Meetings. Taking part in the debates: V. Alieva, I. Indrisov, A. Buriachenko, G. Zernova, N. Beloborodova,
N. Abramova, N. Rashidhanov and others. Resolved:
1. Conduct the IV World Championship of Purebred Akhal-Teke horses and the
V International Sport Meeting in mid-August 2002 in Moscow. The
Conference elected an organizing committee for the Moscow meeting: N.
Abramova, G. Zernova, M. Kamacho, Y. Kuznetcova, D. Sukhachev.
2. Conduct the International race meeting in Piatigorsk and the
"Championship of Russia" on the second Sunday of September 2002 in Piatigorsk. The
Conference elected an organizing committee for the Piatigorsk meeting: A. Klimuk, I.
Idrisov and other representatives of the Akhal-Teke breeders from the Republic of
8. Rules of Championships and Shows. Proposed: T. Ryabova talked about the history of the Akhal-Teke Championships and
Shows, and about a project of regulations for conducting Championships and Shows
of different levels. A. Klimuk proposed to let horses - Champions of Breed Shows of any level -
participate in any other Championships without limitation. Taking part in the debates: N. Abramova, D. Sukhachev, G. Karachiev, H. Djaparov,
A. Alieva, N. Beloborodova and others. Resolved:
1. Horses-Champions of Breed Shows can participate only in Championships
of a higher level;
2. Approve rules about the holding of Championships and Shows of different
9. Testing race workability of Akhal-Teke horses. Proposed: N. Abramova reported on the analysis of results of race testing
of Akhal-Teke horses at the Piatigorsk hippodrome in 2000-2001, propoing the
need to improve the process of testing. Taking part in the debates: A. Klimuk, H. Djaparov, G. Karachiev. Resolved: appoint the administration of the Piatigorsk hippodrome and the
Akhal-Teke breeders to formulate proposals for improving the process of testing
before the main Prize of the season, "Derby," scheduled to take place in Piatigorsk
at the end of July, 2002.
10. Reports of the AATK members: Proposed: A. Klimuk - chief breeding specialist of the stud farm
"Stavropolskiy konsavod," R. Gasanov - chief breeding specialist of stud farm
"Dagestanskaia," the hippodrome, PKZ; A. Alieva - chief breeding specialist
of the Riding Club "Djigit," T. Pontecorvo - head of the farm "Akhaltekinets,"
Yakov Dik - manager of the farm "Akhal-Teke," A. Buriachenko - breeding specialist
of "Akahltservice," D. Sukhachev -head of the farm "Andreevskoe," O. Iskanderov -
manager of Mr. M. Guseinov's farm, V. Andrukhovich - representative of private owner
B. Kurbanov, A. Rozanov - representative of the Riding Club "Aladja," G. Zernova -
director of the Riding Club "Insterburg," N. Tarasova - private owner, V. Kovesh - director
of the stud farm "Absent," N. Beloborodova - chief breeding specialist of the stud farm "Veles" Resolved: approved all the reports
11. Results of the 30-year work with the Akhal-Teke breed. Proposed: Tatiana Ryabova reported the results of the 30-year work with the
breed, and presented a thesis on a future selection and breeding program for the next 10 years. Resolved: approve the report.
12. Non-traditional methods of breeding (AI etc.) Proposed: Dr. S. Lebedev (VNIIK) talked about non-traditional methods of
breeding: (AI and transplantation of zygotes) . T. Ryabova reported on the results
of using of AI with frozen sperm in the Akhal-Teke breed. E. Shemarikin (VNIIK) reported
on the role of AI methods in the Arabian breed. Taking part in the debates: most of the participants of the conference. Resolved:
1. By the common vote - prohibit the use of AI using frozen sperm, in the
Akhal-Teke breed, for 1 year
2. Appoint the elected workgroup to formulate and record regulations for
using AI with frozen sperm in the purebred Akhal-Teke breed; findings and
recommendations should be presented at the next AATK conference.
3. Prohibit the exportation of frozen sperm of purebred Akhal-Teke stallions from CIC for 5 years.
13. Miscellany. A) The allocation of votes Proposed: A. Klimuk proposed to allocate votes based on the
number of purebred Akhal-Teke horses owned by a member. Resolved: assign the same workgroup to formulate and record regulations for allocation of votes. B) Publishing of the yearly journal Proposed: T. Ryabova talked about the registration of the yearly journal-almanac
"Akhal-Teke Information" and electing an editing committee. Resolved:
1) register yearly journal-almanac "Akhal-Teke Inform"
2) elected editing committee: Y. Kuznetcova - Chief Editor, N. Abramova, E. Volkova, A. Klimuk C) Regarding: Babaev, member of AATK. Proposed: I. Idrisov talked about incorrect behavior of Mr. L. Babaev toward the leaders and members of AATK. Resolved: Common vote - disapprove the attitude of Mr. L. Babaev.
Mr. Babaev announced that he's leaving the Association. Proposed: A. Klimuk proposed to include Mr. A. Pochenchuk into the workgroup instead of Mr. L. Babaev. Resolved: Common vote - include Mr. A. Pochenchuk into the workgroup instead of Mr. Babaev. Final list of
seven-membrs workgroup includes the followed members: V. Kalashnikov, T. Ryabova, D. Suhachev, I. Idrisov, A. Klimuk, A. Osmanov,
14. Closing of the Conference. Proposed: T. Ryabova, V. Kalashnikov, A. Klimuk Resolved: consider the work of the Conference as successful. Close the Conference.
Secretary of the Conference: V. Popova
Website is open on May 30, 2001. Hosting is kindly provided by 3dresearch